Spaghetti Al Limone, by Chef Geoff Lindsay
This dish was designed by Geoff Lindsay, and suits Alligator Brand Spaghetti perfectly.
Geoff Lindsay is the chef behind Dandelion and Pearl Restaurant & Bar and Executive Chef of Saigon Street, Bali. In 2005 Geoff was named Chef of the Year by 'The Age Good Food Guide'.
This dish serves 4 as an entrée or 2 as a main. Enjoy!
- 500g fresh cut Alligator Brand spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, gently crushed
- The juice and zest from 2 lemons
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes to season
- 1 cup finely grated parmigiano cheese, (plus a bit extra for sprinkling later!)
- 1 small pot of baby basil, leaves picked and washed, left whole
Preparing your Spaghetti Al Limone
- Place spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water (at least 5 liters) and stir immediately to prevent from sticking.
- Rub the garlic clove exposed area along the interior of a large serving bowl. This way the flavour of raw garlic will cover the inside surface of the bowl. Discard the garlic.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while stirring. Stir well until the ingredients have emulsified. Mix in salt and parmigiano cheese.
- When the spaghetti is al dente, drain and add to the serving bowl. Toss the pasta through the oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parmigiano cheese, parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.